The Department of Languages offers preparatory English seminars
at a lower (XP04A1) and higher (XP04A2) level.
- The aim of the higher level course (XP04A2) is to
prepare students for using mainly scientific English in both the spoken (i. e.
to prepare and deliver a presentation, to be able to define, to describe, to use
arguments, to explain, etc.) and written forms (e. g. preparing a scientific
paper), as well as for gaining information effectively by both listening and
- The aim of the higher level course (XP04A1) is to
practice general English in order to become more confident in communication,
listening, and more complicated grammar structures, so that the students is
sufficiently prepared to use English in practice.
- It is possible to adjust the content of seminars according
to the participantsí level and requirements.
- Completing tasks assigned by the teacher during the
semester (e. g. tests, written or spoken assignments, etc.);
- Instruction time: 2+2 teaching hours a week per
semester (1 teaching hour = 45 mins)
- Level: Students choose their level individually
according to their needs and capabilities.
All Ph.D. students have the right to take the chosen seminar
more than once.